April 7, 2015

F is for Forever

"If you want something to last forever, you treat it differently. You shield it and protect it. You never abuse it. You don't expose it to the elements. You don't make it common or ordinary. If it ever becomes tarnished, you lovingly polish it until it gleams like new. It becomes special, because you have made it so, and it grows more beautiful and precious as time goes by."
-Elder F. Burton Howard
 
 
I  have been sealed in an LDS Temple for time and all eternity.  That means forever.  Forever is a long time, but to me it is such a beautiful gift our Heavenly Father has given to us, all of us. The opportunity to be together forever. 
 
In any relationship, it is so important that we protect and take good care of each other.  When we make mistakes, as we all do, we do as Elder Howard says and "lovingly polish it until it gleams like new." We don't give up, we keep trying. We work to keep our relationship special, beautiful and precious.
 
I feel so blessed to have a loving husband who loves me more then I probably even realize.  In the time that we have been married, I can see that we have become two completely different people than from the time we got married.  When I say different I mean in that we have grown and had experiences that have helped us to become better people then who we were before. We have grown together and learned to many things about each other that make us love each other more and are learning more everyday.
 
Travis, is my sweet heart and my eternal companion. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to live with him forever. He is so special to me. He is my best friend. He is always there for me. He's there when I need a listening ear. He's there to catch me when I fall. He makes me laugh and loves me with his whole heart. He reminds me what matters most and is always there to give me a hug. I love everything about him. And I love him more than words can say.
 
I am truly so blessed to be sealed to my sweet heart for time and all eternity. Forever is a long time, but I'm lovin' the ride. :)

1 comment:

  1. Savoring the special moments and treasures of life ... good reminder!

    I'm doing 5 blogs for the Ato Z Blog Challenge this year. (I did 10 last year, but it was a LOT.) Hope you'll stop by at: Heart of a Ready Writer, Kicking MS to the Curb, The Mane Point: A Haven for Horse Lovers, Nicker and Ink Poetry & Humor, or Practically at Home. Happy A to Z April!

    ReplyDelete