April 2, 2016

B is for Boxing

A little over a year ago, I decided to find a new hobby. I was bored of all the normal sporting activities and had no desire to do biking, running or anything like that. I wanted something fun, different and something I could feel passionate about. Something that would give me the drive to get up in the morning and give me the energy I needed to get through the day. I was at a point in my life where I was unsatisfied with where I was at, and needed to make some changes.

So, I went on a search. I looked up all kinds of different hobbies, but none of them really appealed to me. Then I remembered one of the ladies in the movie "Meet the Mormons." She was a kick boxer. I had done some shadow boxing in various Aerobic classes, but nothing quite as intense.

I came to the conclusion that I wanted to give it a try and felt really excited about it. So, I found a club called "Title Boxing Club," where the first class was free. I went one evening and loved it so much, I signed up right then and there. It was a hardcore workout, but made me feel so good that I wanted more.

I have now been boxing for a year and it has become a great passion of mine! Something about getting out your frustration and stress on a bag really makes all the difference. Plus, it is fun to learn a new sport. It's challenging and there is always something to improve on. I LOVE IT!!

Last year was a tough year for me and boxing helped me get through it all. Sometimes, I think it truly saved my life. It wasn't just a coincidence that I found boxing. No, I truly believe the Lord led me right to it. I'm happier, healthier and I have learned so much about myself. It was one change in my life that I will forever be grateful for!






2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you're still at it! If I could pick my sport right now it would be paddleboarding. I loved that, only you have to live by a proper body of water and have access to a paddleboard, and also have access to someone to carry it down to the shore for you. I enjoyed it while it lasted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking in on your very interesting blog for A to Z challenge. That's an interesting hobby, too. Be careful!

    ReplyDelete