January 7, 2015

Seeing Beauty

I've been looking back through pictures of myself 2 years ago and comparing them with pictures now.  I have come a long way from where I was then. I feel like a totally different person.

After I had Emree, I went through trial after trail, some, nobody even knew existed and it was a struggle. Two years ago I not only went through physical trials, but emotional and spiritual ones as well.  One of those challenges had to do with my self-esteem.

I was feeling so low and so bad about myself more so then I ever have in my whole life.  I hurt myself with words, telling myself I was fat, not beautiful and undeserving of love. I felt like I was stuck in a bubble of negativity for myself.  But over the course of these past two years, I have become a completely different person.  To some I may still be the same old Jessica, but to myself I am beginning to understand me.

I'm still learning and working to overcome those evil voices in my head, but one thing that has gotten me through those tough times and has lifted me up, is a program I got into called, "Dressing Your Truth."

"Dressing Your Truth" is a program that has helped me to understand myself and has helped me to feel good about myself through the way I dress.  I absolutely LOVE it!!  It is a process in coming to understand who you are and learning to dress accordingly and has been an amazing process that has made me feel so good about myself. Anyone who has joined in on their own journey through DYT will tell you that it is so worth it and has changed the way they feel about themselves. 

When I first started dressing your truth it was all about the clothing, the hair, the make-up and the accessories, but as I got farther into it and started watching videos from Carol Tuttle, the creator of DYT, and reading blog posts I have come to realize that although the way I dress is important, it goes so much deeper.  I have come to see how unique I am and what supports me in the type of person I am.  I try to do things that support me rather than tear me apart.  I feel beautiful and in combining that with daily exercise, I feel that no matter what weight I am, that I can be satisfied with who I am as long as I am feeling good. 

Not only has Dressing Your Truth helped me learn more about myself, it has also helped me come to understand other people.  I have learned to be more patient with others, because I understand the kind of person they are and have learned to really love people on a deeper level. It's amazing the things that I've learned and I feel so blessed to have found this amazing program. 

I feel like this is a program that helps us to really come to understand each other and helps us to come closer to our Heavenly Father, because we are learning to love ourselves. It has helped me to come to understand my beauty and what Heavenly Father sees in me. What a great blessing!!

I'm still learning like I said, but I'm learning while feeling good. Thank goodness for people like Carol Tuttle for being inspired in creating something that truly changes lives. It seems like such a simple thing, but it makes a big difference. :)



 
Before DYT - Dressing more like a Type 1

 
After DYT - Dressing more like me, Type 2


If you want to learn more about Dressing Your Truth you can go to:

http://dressingyourtruth.com/

If anything, it's something fun and new to learn about. ;)




1 comment:

  1. Well, you know how I feel about Dressing Your Truth!!! These two photos of you are both of pretty girls, but in the first one it looks like you are trying to smile big and be happy, maybe to please people, and in the second you look more relaxed and at ease. It reflects an inner happiness. It's a subtle difference. Both very nice photos, but the second one is more peaceful.

    ReplyDelete