January 14, 2015

If With A Single Loaf


"Has anyone ever told you that you are extraordinary? That you are destined for remarkable things?  That there is a spark of greatness in you?
They should have."
 
Recently I read a book called "The Peter Potential." In this book it goes through the life of Peter and the things that Christ had taught him. Christ taught Peter through invitations. By inviting him to do things that may have been difficult for him or challenged him. Through those invitations, Peter grew and did things that brought him closer to Christ, as well as helped him to come closer to reaching his true potential. 
 
 When Christ calmed the storm and came walking on water Peter asked "Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.". (Matthew 12:28)
 
Then the Lord invited Peter by saying "Come" (Matthew 14:29)
Sometimes Accepting invitations from the lord requires action, actions that are focused on Him.  Peter walked on the water. 
 
 It's not hard for a little mustard seed to be blown away by a powerful gust of wind.  The same applies to a little faith. Peter began to sink when he began to doubt. 
 
"In the sinking moments of life, when you have wondered if you might drown, have you ever cried out, "Lord, Save Me"?"
 
In those moments where you have felt like you were sinking, where was the Lord? 
Within Reach.
 
When Peter started to sink "Immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him.".
 (Matthew 14:31)
 
 
Recently, I have gone through something that has left me wondering "If I might drown." I felt like I was caught up in a whirlwind of chaos and I couldn't get out, but then the Lord "stretched forth his hand and caught me."
 
 Sometimes things happen and you don't understand why.  Sometimes the Lord needs to send you a firm reminder that he is there and extends that invitation to you to "come."
 
He knows everything about you.  He knows what keeps you up at night. He knows what weighs on your heart. He knows your longing to become something more. 
 
If the Lord can do something like walk on water or share 5 loaves of bread with a multitude of five thousand, imagine what he can do for you.
 
I know in my life I have seen it so many times.  The Lord has been there and has strengthened me.  Through the invitations that the lord gives to me, I have found myself grow.  I have seen the lord's hand in my life.  As I do those things that are most important, the things that may seem to be falling out of place and in utter chaos, come together and work for your good. Everything works out when you come to him and have faith and trust that God can do great things. 
 
Sometimes when we head down one road and road blocks arise, we need to be redirected.  It doesn't mean we chose wrong, but rather that the path we took just needs a little refining. 
 
He knows what you can do.  He knows what you can be.  Nothing is impossible with God.  He can make the impossible, possible as long as you put your faith and trust in him.  He can take a grain of mustard seed and make it blossom. 
 
"If the Lord can do great things with a single loaf, Imagine what he can do with a single life."
-The Peter Potential
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment