September 18, 2014

A Lesson In Prayer

The other day Emree and I were coming home from visiting family.  On our way home Emree fell asleep in my arms on the train and then we had to wait at the bus stop for the shuttle to come.  It was later in the evening and we were both exhausted. As I stood there at the stop, I realized that I had no idea what bus we were suppose to get on to get home. We didn't have a phone and there was no way I could carry her from where we were. Sweet little Emree kept asking me "what's wrong?" and I would respond "I'm okay sweet heart, I just want to get us home." Then she would smile, get close and talk to me in her language telling me that it was going to be okay. 

After a while of not knowing what to do, I asked her "should we say a prayer?" and she said "yeah." Emree moved in close, folded her arms and bowed her head ready to pray. While we prayed she stayed very still and at the end said Amen. Then she gave me a big hug and continued smiling and waving at the people who drove by.  After a few minutes the bus we needed came around the corner and we were able to make it home.

This was a very special moment for me. Emree has such a sweet spirit and is so open to the things of the spirit. After our prayer I thought about the faith of a child, her faith and how precious and strong it is. Children our so close to our Heavenly Father. They are filled with the spirit and filled with his love. I am so grateful I had the opportunity to teach Emree the importance of prayer, especially in a situation where you need help and are not sure what to do. 

Little children have a sense of the importance of the gospel and the importance of talking to our Heavenly Father.  They were there in the premortal life more recently than we were so why wouldn't we take the time to watch and listen to them.  I am so grateful to be a Mom to sweet Emree and our little boy on the way. What a blessing it is to have these sweet spirits in our lives who teach and remind us of Heavenly Father's love each and everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment