May 4, 2014

Y is for Yuck! and Z is for Zzzz's

First off, I wasn't able to finish the A to Z challenge in April so I wanted to finish it up by adding Y and Z now. 

Y is for Yuck! On the day I was suppose to post Y, we were headed to Guatemala City. We took a shuttle to the airport to drop off Allie, my sister-in-law, and then headed to pick up our passports. After a long wait we finally got our passports renewed and were trying to decide what do with the rest of the day.  I wasn't feeling very well that day so we decided to stay a hotel for the night and it was a good thing we did, because I got really sick with the Flu. YUCK! It was no fun, but if there was one place to sick it was in a hotel.  Our house is great, but it's not the place to get the flu.  Our bathroom is more outside then inside so it would have made it very uncomfortable for me.  In a weird way, it was a great blessing that I got sick the day we were in Guat City.

Z is for Zzzz's.  Being sick I needed to get a lot of rest.  I drank Lot's and Lot's of 7-Up and slept all day and all night.  By morning I was feeling a lot better and even felt good enough to go swimming for a bit at the pool.  It's amazing how one day for rest can fix you up like new.

Although, it wasn't the greatest trip ever, it was a nice break from being in small town Panachel, but after 2 days I was ready to get back to the small town lifestyle. I love living in Guatemala. It is always an adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Lol for the Y and sorry for the Z... so what if you finished late...important thing is you finished...congrats fellow survivor!

    ReplyDelete