February 3, 2014

So Much Beauty All Around

It's been a crazy few weeks making such a big adjustment to a new place.  I've spent a lot of time just trying to get through the day, listening to people and trying to understand them, but most of all just enjoying being here.

Sometimes we take for granted all the beauty that is around us. What a blessing it is to hear the birds, to see the mountains and beautiful flowers.  What a blessing it is to look around at all the beautiful creations the lord has provided for us to enjoy.

For the past few days I've had this song called "I am his daughter" on repeat on my playlist.  It is a beautiful song reminding us of our beauty as women and that we are daughters of a loving heavenly father who loves each one of us no matter who we are.

The beauty that I am enjoying here is not just the landscape, it's the beauty of the people around me. I had this idea ever since I was little that people in a different culture or country were completely different from me. Even though I knew that that wasn't true, it was hard to comprehend.

Watching the people pass by the hotel I can see they have so much beauty about them.  They want to be loved, they want to feel good, they want to be happy and they want to know that they are not alone.  They want to feel the love of our Savior, of our Father in Heaven.  And despite the mistakes they make, they shine with the light of Christ just like you and me.

Take a  look around at people you work with, your family, your friends, a stranger on the street...what a blessing it is to be on this earth, to be able to love and to be loved, to be able to serve and to enjoy the great gifts that the lord has given to us.

Can you see it?  There is so much beauty all around! :)




Here is the link to the song I was talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co-c4Cq1X3A




No comments:

Post a Comment