November 22, 2016

The Blessings of Friends and Family

Living in the Village, I have met some wonderful people. I have met people from all over the world and have come to have a deep love and appreciation for them and their cultures. I have made lasting friendships with people who have been great examples to me in my life. The friendships I have made here are ones that hold a special place in my heart.

These are incredible people who are striving to better themselves and their families, who sacrifice for something far greater than money, who serve and lift one another. These are people who take advantage of the opportunities they have to learn and to grow and to make lasting friendships. This is a community where we serve and lift one another up during the hard times.  We are all going through similar things and in that way it helps strengthen our relationships with one another. 

Although we don't have much, we have all we need! I feel so blessed! I am grateful for the people in my life who have come and gone and who are here with me now. They are truly amazing people and I feel so blessed to be among them.

One of those amazing people, is my sweet husband, Travis.  Although, life hasn't been very easy for us at times, and there have been some really rough patches, we've made it though and our love for each other has grown in ways that I never imagined.  Neither one of us is perfect, but despite all of the struggle we have faced in our life together, we have learned some precious lessons and have grown to respect and love each other more and more each day. 

Out of all of the people I've met, previously in my life, he was the one that I chose. I chose him, because I knew that whatever was in store in the years ahead, would be worth it. I knew he would be the one I would want cheering me on making life a fun and entertaining ride. Travis, is my best friend, the love of my life and I am so truly grateful for him and all of the love that he gives to me. 
He is a great example to me of what it means to be a disciple of Christ and has a great capacity to keep trying and never give up when things get tough.  He keeps pushing through despite all the hurt and pain that may come into our lives. He will brighten anyones day with his silly jokes and smile. This man enjoys life and loves new experiences. He strives to be a better husband, father and person every single day. I know we still have plenty of adventures ahead of us in the future, some great and some...not so great, but I am so grateful I get to go along for the ride with him.

I'm grateful for our 2 crazy and energetic kids, Emree and Miles.  They each have a special spirit about them that goes beyond anything that I can comprehend. They teach me so much about what's most important in life and help me to be a better mother and daughter of a loving Heavenly Father. 

 Emree has a beautiful, independent spirit. She loves dancing, singing (both on her terms),watching movies, dressing up, doing her hair and makeup and loves to be silly (just like her daddy.) She loves the outdoors, playing with friends and the Little Mermaid. She loves painting, drawing and reading stories. 

Emree is very observant and can recognize when someone is in need. She is a leader and will take the intiative to do whatever needs to be done and get it done (except maybe when it comes to cleaning her room.) ;) She teaches me to be kinder and to take a deep breath when I just can't handle life. She is very compassionate and loving and is a great example to me. I am so grateful for her and for the love she brings into our home.  

Miles, is a sweet, sweet boy. He has a more gentle nature about him, although he can also be very independent himself. He is my child that gets into EVERYTHING!! If you don't want him to find it...he will. ;) He LOVES trucks! He loves books and riding bikes with daddy. He is a silly one and will brighten your day with his little jokes and laughter. 

Miles is a cuddler and hugger. Whenever I'm having a hard day, he is the first one to give me a hug and a kiss. He is thoughtful and kind. I remember one day sitting on the floor thinking to myself "I'm a little cold," and the next thing I knew he was bringing me my cozy blanket. I'm grateful for Miles and the spirit that he brings into our home. 

 I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be Emree and Miles mother! They mean the world to me and have brightened my day, even when I didn't want my day brightened. ;) They bring such a sweet spirit into our home and I am so, so, soooo grateful to have them in my life!

I am so grateful for my family! There is nothing more important to me!

There are so many, many more people who have made a difference in my life and have meant so much to me! You are one of them. I am so grateful for those of you who take the time to read my blog. It means a lot to me to know that you enjoy the words, thoughts and stories I have to share. Thank you!! I am grateful for you and the examples you each are to me! 

I hope that you all have a great week, spending it with those that you love! 

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Love,
Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment